Things to Consider
The Sacramento Green Clean mission is to provide every client with an exceptional cleaning experience at good value surrounded with outstanding customer service.
Please consider the following:
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reported that the air inside homes is usually 2 to 5 times more polluted than the air outside the homes. In some cases, EPA tested air inside homes that was 100 times more contaminated.
- According to the Research Council there are 50,000 chemicals in common use in our everyday environment. Less than 20% of these products have been tested for short and long-term effects on both human health and for environmental impact.
- The Clean Water Fund estimates the average American interacts with over 40 pounds of unsafe chemicals yearly. Manufacturers of cleaning products are not legally required to inform consumers of the chemicals within their products, because those toxic chemicals are considered proprietary information also known as “trade secrets”.
- Since the Industrial Revolution, the rise of toxins in the environment has been dramatic. Some scientists believe that 80-90% of cancer is due to environmental influences and only 10-20% is due to genetic predispositions. The breast cancer rate before 1960 was 1 in 20 women.
Today, it is 1 in 8 women as reported by the American Cancer Society.
- Our children are more vulnerable than we are, as adults, because pound-per-pound, children drink more water, breathe more air, and eat more food. Kids also play on the floor, where cleaning products and the associated toxins that are heavier than air settle. Chemicals are readily absorbed through the skin. Just like medications that are now administered through trans-dermal patches on the skin, toxins enter our bodies in the same manner. There has been a dramatic rise in childhood cancer, especially leukemia and brain cancer. The rate of cancer in children under 15 is 1 in 400.For more information, please visit the following website:
For more information, please visit the following website:
Please review this list of cleaning products and their side effects:
- Bleach contains chlorine which is made mostly of sodium hypocholorate and sensitizers. It can be corrosive, and it can irritate the eyes, skin, and respiratory system. It is especially hazardous to those with heart conditions or asthma, and it can be fatal if swallowed. General Purpose Cleaners may contain butyl cellosolve. That is a neurotoxin and a pesticide! It can irritate your eyes and skin, as well as damage your central nervous system, kidney, and liver. It is readily absorbed through the skin and damages your body’s ability to make blood. Glass cleaners often contain butyl cellosolve (see above). They may also contain the neurotoxin isobutane.
- Disinfectants often have dioxins, a carcinogen that is 500 times more deadly than DDT. They also may have ethyl alcohol that is an eye, skin, and respiratory tract irritant.
- Common laundry detergents contain sodium sulfate, sodium silicate, thisodium nitrilotriacetate, and (in Tide’s case) fiberglass. These “ingredients” can cause temporary respiratory tract irritation, stinging, swelling, or redness. When swallowed, it can cause burns to the mouth, throat, and stomach. These can also cause burns to the eyes and tissue damage to the skin. Asthma attacks can also be caused. One of the ingredients, nitrilotriacetate, is a carcinogen.
- Dish washing detergents may contain sodium hypochlorite and sodium silicate. This can be corrosive and can cause burns to the eyes and tissue damage to the skin. When swallowed, it can cause burns to the mouth, throat, and stomach.
- Your desire for a clean home does not have to put you and your family at risk. The cleaners referred to you by Sacramento Green Clean will clean your home in a manner that is safer for you and your loved ones, safer for your home, and safer for the environment! The green products and methods are formulated to maximize removal of the dirt, debris, germs and all the things that make your home dirty.